Submitted by Hawaii State Public Library System:
The Honolulu Theatre for Youth will present "Blue," a new stage production by Annie Cusick Wood, at 10 selected Oahu public libraries from March to May 2012. Admission is free.
Blue is happy in his blue world. Then one day "color" comes into his life and things begin to change. "Blue" is filled with lots of fun, humor and whimsy.
The show introduces the idea of tolerance and understanding in an age appropriate theatrical experience. The 45-minute performance is recommended for ages 3 and older. Preschool-age children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
The program is sponsored through a grant from the Friends of the Library of Hawaii, Marriott Resorts Hawaii, Ko Olina Hawaii, HMS Host, Meadow Gold Dairies, Hansen Distribution Group, Armstrong Produce, Roberts Hawaii, DFS Hawaii, and Toshiba Business Solutions.
The program schedule is subject to change. See "Blue" at these libraries:
* March 12 (Monday), 11 a.m. at Kaimuki Public Library, 1041 Koko Head Avenue; telephone: 733-8422
* March 12 (Monday), 3 p.m. at Kaneohe Public Library, 45-829 Kamehameha Highway; telephone: 233-5676
* March 28 (Wednesday), 1 p.m. at Kalihi-Palama Public Library, 1325 Kalihi Street; telephone: 832-3466
* March 31 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at McCully-Moiliili Public Library, 2211 South King Street; telephone: 973-1099
* April 13 (Friday), 12:30 p.m. at Mililani Public Library, 95-450 Makaimoimo Street; telephone: 627-7470
* April 14 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Kailua Public Library,239 Kuulei Road; telephone: 266-9911
* April 21 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Aina Haina Public Library, 5246 Kalanianaole Highway; telephone: 377-2456
* April 23 (Monday), 10:30 a.m. at Waianae Public Library,85-625 Farrington Highway; telephone: 697-7868
* April 23 (Monday), 3 p.m. at Pearl City Public Library, 1138 Waimano Home Road; telephone: 453-6566
* May 5 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Liliha Public Library, 1515 Liliha Street; telephone: 587-7577
Contact the hosting library two weeks in advance if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed. For more information, please call the hosting libraries.