Submitted by Hawaiian Electric:
Hawaiian Electric has contributed a total of $73,000 to the following Oʻahu nonprofit organizations in support of community programs, environmental sustainability, health and human services, and STEM education:
• Aloha Medical Mission – for continued operation of the only free dental clinic on Oʻahu
• Friends of Honolulu City Lights – for the annual Electric Light Parade on Dec. 5, 2015
• Hawaii FIRST Lego League – for the 2015 State Championship Tournament on Oʻahu, Dec. 5, 2015
• Hawaii Society of Professional Engineers Educational Foundation – for the Oʻahu and State 2016 MATHCOUNTS® competitions
• Hawaii Space Grant Consortium – for the annual Astronaut Lacy Veach Day of Discovery held recently, and the 2015 Middle and High School Hawaiʻi State VEX Championships to be held Dec.
• HUGS (Help Understanding & Group Support) – to expand peer support and respite programs in
West and Central Oʻahu for families with seriously ill children
• Kaʻala Farms – for the Mālama ʻĀina School Internship Program to benefit Waiʻanae Coast high
school juniors and seniors interested in exploring careers in resource management and native
Hawaiian practices and traditions
• Re-Use Hawaii – for a community pick-up program that will facilitate waste reduction of reusable
Mahalo to our Pearl City neighbor Hawaiian Electric for supporting our community!