Public Access Computers Now Available Statewide
The Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) is excited to resume Computer Time at public library branches statewide, as Library Take Out service continues to be available by appointment or on a first-come, first-serve, walk-up basis.
With the emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic in Hawaii, HSPLS staff have worked hard to transform library services to meet changing community needs. During the stay-at-home orders, the library system unveiled a variety of new digital and virtual learning tools and services available free-of-charge to anyone in our community.
As Hawaii’s infection rate slowly begins to fall, the public library system is now able to safely restore access to our public computers and free wifi zones at our libraries statewide.
New protocols are being implemented to keep our computer users and library staff safe during this pandemic:
· Library patrons may use a computer on a first-come, first-serve, walk-up basis
· Library patrons may also call ahead to reserve access to a computer
· Each user will be limited to (1) 45-minute computer session per day
· Computer sessions will start at the top of the hour
· Free wifi zones are available to library patrons outside library buildings
All library patrons using public computers will be required to follow mandated health and safety protocols, including wearing a face covering that covers the nose and mouth area at all times. Computer access is limited at this time to limit exposure and to allow for time for proper disinfection of all computer equipment between uses.
All public libraries will continue to offer Library Take Out services including:
· Scheduling appointments for picking up hold items that are ready
· Assistance with library cards, including creating new library card accounts
· Payment of fines and fees
· Information request and assistance by telephone or via walk-up service
The Kahului, Liliha, and McCully-Moiliili Public Libraries remain closed for renovation and repair work. The Hawaii State Library continues to offer Library Take Out only as staff continue to support unemployment processes to support our community.
Although our buildings remain closed for other services, an amazing array of free online resources are always available from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at librarieshawaii.org. Enjoy our free resources by using your HSPLS library card!
For more information, including branch hours and phone numbers, visit our website at librarieshawaii.org